The operations of businesses can be significantly affected by government regulation, federal and state agencies' enforcement actions, and public procurement decisions. Moreover, various business needs and strategies often require governmental approval. The ability to successfully navigate the administrative process, challenge a government agency's action or advocate for a favorable decision requires a thorough understanding of administrative law and the legal guidelines and requirements imposed by federal and state agencies.Barber Law Firm's Administrative Law practice combines numerous substantive areas of legal expertise with the common element of regulatory know-how to achieve maximum results for our clients by working with administrative agencies as well as challenging regulatory decisions when necessary.
Our Administrative Law team regularly represents clients at the administrative level of state government by appearing before numerous state boards, commissions and agencies. Our attorneys are well-versed in representing clients at enforcement actions in federal and state court. Our group also appears before agencies on behalf of clients at the rulemaking stage to present evidence and raise persuasive arguments in favor of our clients, thereby preserving a record for judicial review of the final rule.
Barber Law Firm attorneys understand the regulatory maze and have the knowledge and experience to assist clients efficiently and effectively in their progression through the regulatory process.One of our Administrative Law attorneys is a former Director of the Arkansas Alcoholic Beverage Control Division of the Department of Finance and Administration.
We regularly represent clients before a wide array of state and local regulatory agencies in Arkansas sand other states that regulate a broad range of areas including health, environmental quality, public service, public utilities, energy, business and professional licensing, insurance, tax, commerce, transportation, motor vehicles, and wireless communications.
Administrative Law Agency Experience
- Representation of commercial and general contractors before contractors licensing boards in Arkansas and in other states
- Representation of local, regional and national vendors in public contract procurement efforts, protests and appeals
- Representation of regulated public utilities before the Arkansas Public Service Commission
- Representation of industry, landowners and individuals in environmental matters regulated by and pending before the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality and the Arkansas Pollution Control & Ecology Commission
- Representation of clients before the Arkansas Alcoholic Beverage Control Board in license application and renewal proceedings and in enforcement proceedings
- Representation of clients before the Arkansas Tobacco Control Board
- Representation of clients before numerous city planning and zoning boards
- Representation of clients before the Arkansas Claims Commission
- Arkansas Game and Fish Commission
- Numerous Arkansas State Legislative Committees
- Office of the Arkansas Attorney General
- Arkansas Securities Commission
- Arkansas Insurance Commission
- Arkansas Department of Human Services, and similar state agencies nationwide
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Arkansas Office of State Procurement, and similar state agencies nationwide