REGULATORY, PUBLIC UTILITY, ENERGY AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS LAW
Our Regulatory, Public Utility, Energy and Telecommunications Practice Group regularly represents all types of utility companies, from fully-integrated electric companies and natural gas distribution entities, to water and sewer providers, both regulated and municipally owned, to telecommunications. We have experience handling all aspects of public utility matters before the Arkansas Public Service Commission, including:
- Preparing applications for, and participating in, general rate proceedings.
- Conforming practices and operations of utilities to rules, regulations and applicable statutory provisions.
- Appeals to both the intermediate appellate and the Arkansas Supreme Court.
- Debt and equity financing transactions and approvals.
Public Utility Experience
- All aspects of rate case proceedings.
- Transmission line siting and approval.
- Right-of-Way and eminent domain proceedings.
- Environmental certification proceedings.
- Certificate of public convenience and necessity proceedings.
- Contract disputes with contractors or customers.
- Municipal franchise agreements.
- Certification of independent power producers and cogeneration facilities and negotiation of construction contracts, leases, and associated agreements.
- Development and negotiation of wholesale water supply contracts with municipally owned utilities and customers.
- Special rate contracts.
- Purchase power and supply agreements for municipally owned utilities.
- Merger and Acquisition/Sale transactions and approvals.